Before School Starts
- Show your child where the school is so he/she knows the way, and discuss arrangements for getting to and from school.
- Talk about school and answer questions honestly. Your child may want to talk about differences between school and childcare/kindergarten.
- Put names on clothes, lunch box and school bag. Keeping track of individual items in a classroom is not easy task.
- Ask if school has an information booklet.
- If possible make a time to meet the teacher.
Source: The Lady Gowrie Child Centre (Melb.) Inc.